Emirates Palace is centrally located in the heart of Abu Dhabi, close to major visitor attractions and the main business areas of the city. Just 40 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport and 90 minutes from Dubai Airport, Emirates Palace is conveniently situated for both leisure and business travellers. Popular tourist sites close to the Emirates Palace include the Grand Mosque and the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre, both located 20 minutes away. The Marina Mall and major shopping attractions are also within walking distance of the hotel.
Sales Manager – MICE
The person in this position is responsible for accounts that originate from corporate markets, MICE markets and new target Markets which includes developing new business, negotiating contracts and maintaining good relations with existing clients, in order to meet and exceed the targets set for their respective market.
- Achieve Sales & Marketing Target and Key Account Manager Target. Maintain good working relationship with all other areas of the hotel’s operations, such as Front Office, Food & Beverage, Accounting, Reservations etc.
- Prospect by telephone cold-calling to establish new business.
- Plans sales activities by identifying potential clients, organizing sales calls and sales blitz to develop new business.
- Promote and cross selling the sister properties in order to increase the awareness of the Kempinski brand in the region during each sales calls
- Follow-up with clients before, during and after the function/event/stay to ensure repeat business.
- Negotiates new contracts and renewals in order to meet sales targets.
- Prepares a monthly sales activities report on the Travel & Trade, including companies and tour & travel agents.
- To continuously add and update the perpetual database of local DMC’s, TO’s, group and M.I.C.E. leads and ensure implementation of an efficient and targeted acquisition program.
- To entertain potential and current clients based on business priorities.
- Conduct educational trips for existing and potential clients.
- Achieve monthly budget goals and new business targets.
- Follow the standard operating procedure of Complaint handling.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- High School Diploma, Hotel Apprenticeship, Higher College Education
- 2 years experience in a Sales position, preferably from an international 5 star deluxe hotel
- Organizational Skills
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Adaptability/ Flexibility
- Cross Cultural Sensitivity
Emirates Palace Abu Dhabi
Sep 04, 2018
Oct 19, 2018