Located on the famous Baie Lazare, in the exclusive south-end of Mahé Island, Kempinski Seychelles Resort Baie Lazare offers guests round-the-clock expertise, dedication and unmatched Creole hospitality in dazzling surroundings of untouched, natural beauty. This beachfront paradise, nestled in a secluded bay at the foothills of a magnificent mountain range, offers a private haven for romantics at heart, an activity-packed family getaway or the perfect destination for corporate gatherings and events
Security and Safety Manager
The overall scope of the Security and Safety Manager is to ensure that safety and security measures in the hotel are observed at all times. Protection is provided for all staff, guests, assets and information.
No major incidents are occurring.
At Kempinski, Talent Development is a management responsibility and consequently an integral and important part of our Managers’ daily activities. Actively supports and implement Talent Development initiatives as a part of their daily activities.
Identify Training talents in their department and throughout the hotels and actively support career development of team members. Supports and initiate transfer, cross exposure and task force assignments for their team.
Personally conducts TTTTs with their team on a regular basis and take personal interest for their talents’ development plans.They recruit and select potential talent according to the Company’s current and future hotel, regional and worldwide needs including conducting interviews for positions in their department and their region.
- The security department has to been planned, organized and set up.
- Security staff is supervised and ensures they discharge their duties effectively.
- 24 hour security coverage is provided throughout the Hotel.
- Knowledge of all local laws is understood and adhered to.
- Play an active role as a member of the Hotel’s Emergency Response Team
- Effective access control, key control and material control systems have been put in place as measures of preventative security.
- Ensure investigations have been conducted and concluded in case of theft, loss, acts of vandalism, arson, accident or any other incident of a security nature.
- All surveillance equipment is operated and maintained according to standards.
- Regular security rounds are performed daily within the 24 hour period.
- Traffic Management has been organized and set up and the relevant people informed and trained.
- Security Log is updated on a daily basis and forwarded to Executive Assistant Manager for review.
- Supervision and assessment of contracted security company is completed daily
- The function of the Security Manager in the area is being performed competently when Budget for security department has been prepared and approved.
- Maximize employee productivity and morale within the department and consistently maintain discipline within hotel guidelines and local regulations.
- Select and recruit suitable employees for the department using prescribed set of policies and procedures.
- Appropriate skills training is given to team members in order to meet guests’ needs and maintain standards.
- Identify employees with potential for promotion and/or transfer and makes appropriate development plans for him/her together Director of Human Resources.
- Conduct monthly departmental meetings with staff in order to review the monthly achievements and areas for development.
- Establish and maintain effective internal communications including daily meetings with staff to ensure optimum team work and productivity.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in regards to hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene and Health & Safety.
- Ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported and reduced immediately.
- The hotel’s fire, emergency and bomb threat procedures are adhered to.
- All emergency procedures are practiced and enforced to provide the security and safety of guests and employees.
- Ensure that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to the Hotel’s Employee rules and regulations.
- Work within all pre-set budgetary limits.
- Comply with all Kempinski company policies.
- Comply with all systems and procedures as laid down by the EAM, GM and Kempinski
- The management reserves the right to change/extend this statement if necessary at any point of time during employment.
- The holder of this statement can be asked to take on other tasks in addition of the ones stated, in a reasonable framework.
- Be conversant with every detail of the hotel’s layout and the location and function of sprinkler system, smoke detectors, firefighting equipment, emergency exits, fire control room, fire indicator panels, emergency evacuation, public address systems, emergency assembly area outside the hotel, fire/bomb threat and security procedures, hotel service lifts and first aid equipment.
- Continuously monitor installed safety devices for emergency readiness and to patrol public areas, restaurants, guest floors, offices, plant rooms and all other areas of the hotel, ensuring safety, security and comfort of all guests, hotel personnel and property in and around the hotel.
- Establish operational procedures for activities such as fire prevention and firefighting, traffic control, guarding and patrolling physical property, orienting and monitoring of personnel involved with classified information, and investigation of accidents and criminal acts.
- Handle investigation and reports all claims regarding thefts, accidents, injury, property damage, vandalism and trespassing from guests, visitors or hotel personnel with the assistance of local police if necessary.
- Monitor and control the movement of all employees leaving and entering the hotel through the employee entrance.
- Implement periodic locker searches as required together with Personnel / Human Resources Manager.
- Record and strictly control the issuance of all master keys and other keys within the hotel according to the established key policies and procedures and to report any discrepancy immediately to the General Manager.
- Coordinate ongoing ad-hoc patrols of guest floors, public areas, outlets, offices and all other areas within and around the hotel as specified in the Security Operations Manual.
- Review scheduled functions, group or VIP arrival events and discuss special instructions with all relevant departments.
- Conduct vulnerability assessments in conjunction with Heads of Department to identify potential risk issues and liability factors, proposing corrective measures where necessary.
- Establish smooth working relationship with local authorities and liaises with them on all required regulations and activities.
- Establish with the Director Engineering and Training Manager an effective in-house training course on Security and Fire Prevention.
- Responsible for security training.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- To fill the position, one of the following is required:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a position pertaining to security.
- Knowledge or experience in Hotel an asset.
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- English – excellent verbal and written skills
- Additional language – beneficial
- Knowledge of the fire control
- Experiment of judicial enquiry appreciated
- Knowledge of CCTV security systems
- Practical and control of the martial arts
- Flexibility in the scheduling
- Computer literacy adapted to the field of training:
- Word and Excel
At Kempinski Hotels we pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. Dedicated to please, educated to entertain and never compromising on the European elegance of service, we are driven by our passion for crafting distinct and meaningful experiences. Each of our remarkable properties is a stage upon which our people perform their best and every day is an opportunity to apply their unique talents. We offer recognition for your skills, an environment that encourages personal growth, and respect and support from colleagues and leaders. Connected by our shared values, our passion for craftsmanship, and our care for one another, we are a global community of hoteliers. Your stage awaits.
Discover a career crafted by you.
Kempinski Seychelles Resort Baie Lazare
Oct 05, 2021