Senior Sales Manager – (in English)
As the first Kempinski hotel in China, Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center blends timeless European style with rich Chinese cultural history to create a true Chinese experience for new-age travelers. Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center houses 480 newly renovated rooms and suites, together with 10 conference rooms and one of the largest pillar-free ballrooms in the city with natural daylight. With over 7 different restaurants and bars, YouYi shopping center, two private gardens, and easy transportation access points to some of Beijing’s most iconic and monumental scenes, Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center is Beijing’s portal into China.
Senior Sales Manager
Responsible for managing corporate accounts and the area of coverage assigned to him/her which includes conducting regular sales calls to assigned accounts, developing new accounts, negotiating contracts and maintaining good working relations with actual clients in order to meet and exceed the minimal targets set as well as the overall hotel budget. As a Senior Sales Manager, he/she assists the Department Heads in supervising the sales employees by providing training, coaching and managing the performance of colleagues to ensure they meet their individual targets.
- Grows existing business by selling all facets of the hotel to new, existing and prospective customers, considering the goals set forth in the department’s sales strategy and negotiating the optimum rate for the benefit of the company and hotel alike.
- Plans and manages sales calls according to Account Management procedures adhering with Kempinski standards on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis.
- Handles all enquiries and leads from potential clients which involves meetings, site inspection, familiarization trips, negotiation and contract finalization, attending promotional functions organized by the hotel and follows up until business is secured.
- Entertains clients on a regular basis in hotel restaurants to keep good working relations and extends network further by attending internal and external evening functions.
- Consolidates and assesses market information and reports them to the respective line manager. S/he uses this information to suggest adjustments in regards to sales activities and implements them accordingly.
- Analyzes the overall sales mix and likely impact on hotel goals and prepares sales action plan to be discussed with the DOS and DOSM.
- Supports Sales Managers with on-the job training and shares knowledge and experience to further support them in their daily tasks
- Reports to DOS and DOSM on a daily and weekly basis
- Participates in all necessary sales activities to potential customers, such as telesales, sales calls and Sales Blitz etc…
- Maintains good relations to all clients and solicits daily room night production of individual and groups business from the existing and new accounts in order to meet sales targets.
- Organizes VIP’s arrivals, welcomes and provides them with assistance during their stay accordingly and plans, coordinates and supervises clients’ specific requirements with the help of various departments.
- Reviews monthly production and account performances and according to the results recommends and executes sales activities to ensure that each individual accounts targets are met.
- Daily reporting of all Sales activities, confirmed by written input in Salesforce System to send to Director of Sales.
- Keeps two-way communications between clients and hotel, ensuring that clients are kept updated with latest development in hotel, and senior management is kept updated on changes in companies, market events, market trends and customer’s feedback on hotel and competitor activities.
- Maintains updated records of call results, potentials, productivity, competitive information, rate history, etc. at all times in salesforce and databases.
- Accomplishes a set of administrative duties such as attending meeting, handling correspondence related to designated accounts, writing monthly sales activities report, and other duties related to the job function.
- Monitors competitor’s activities and assists in assembling marketing intelligence.
- Travel when required to promote the hotel and develop potential business
- Support training of new colleagues, Trainees and Apprentices
- Takes care of an honest and positive working climate
- Attends morning briefing daily and informs the Sales Team on any account related changes and updates as well as upcoming daily tasks and actions.
- Representing the company and hotel through impeccable grooming and personal hygiene.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired skills and qualifications:
Nationality: Germany native speaker.
Education: Higher college education and/ or high school diploma, hotel apprenticeship.
Experience: Two (2) years’ experience in a Sales position, preferably in a 4/5 star hotel.
Language: Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- English- excellent oral and written skills
- Germany – excellent oral and written skills
- Additional language- beneficial
Competencies: To fill this position the candidate must have:
- Information management
- International etiquette
- Team building skills
- Planning/organization skills
- Problem solving skills
- Flexibility, initiative
- Results oriented
- Pro-active hospitality skills including guest service skills
Individual Characteristics: To fill this position the candidate must identify with the Kempinski core values, in addition they should be especially:
- People oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Stress management
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Excellent listening skills
- Positive attitude
- Role model behavior
Other Skills （Computer）: Proficiency in Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel. Other skills depending on region and property.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential. Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center
Apr 21, 2022