Sommelier (Local candidates only) – (in English)
SCOPE Reporting to the Restaurant Manager, the Sommelier is responsible for recommending wines and having a thorough and current knowledge of wines in order to deliver a seamless and excellent dining experience. The incumbent will curate the wine list, organize and maintain the wine storage in according to policies, while striving to achieve department targets.
- Recommend, take order, prepare and serve food and beverages to customers
- Answer guest questions and handle guest requests in a polite and efficient manner.
- Provide professional and current knowledge of wines to guests
- Connecting with customers to build a loyal customer base
- Recommend wines to accompany relevant dishes to patrons
- Describe and up-sell wines to provide excellent customer experience
- Suggest wines to accompany new menus in line with financial budget and allocated beverage cost
- Follow food and beverage safety and hygiene policies and procedures.
- Assist in leading the service and act as a role model to the team.
- Ensure a flawless service to the highest standards and as required by the department and the hotel.
- Fully understand the concept of the restaurant and being able to act as a guardian in terms of service provided, food and beverages served and the guidance of the team.
- Other ad-hoc duties
- Warm, pleasant, friendly and confident, with good interpersonal skills.
- Possess good command of English
- Possess a Certificate in Wine or equivalent (e.g. WSET Level 3 etc.).
- Possess strong knowledge of beverages in general including ingredients and techniques to ensure the right beverage / cocktail / spirit can be recommended
The Capitol Kempinski Hotel Singapore
Team Leader/Skilled Professional
May 25, 2022