Sous Chef (German Restaurant) – (in English)
SCOPE Assist in the management of Kitchen Operations including menu planning and costing, organising special events, developing new dishes, maintaining food quality standards and comprehensive product knowledge for the German restaurant. OVERALL OBJECTIVES
The job of Sous Chef (German) is executed satisfactorily when:Standard recipes are developed and written.
Dishes and products are developed.
Ensure that outstanding culinary technical skills are maintained.
Effective employee working relationships are established and maintained.
Profitability and popularity of dishes on the menu are reviewed based upon menu item sales figures, and changes are made where applicable.
All HACCP guidelines are achieved and maintained.
- Assist with organizing special events and special food promotions.
- Maintain comprehensive product knowledge including ingredients, equipment, suppliers, markets, and current trends and make recommendations for appropriate adjustments to kitchen operations accordingly.
- Maintain a hygienic kitchen and personal hygiene.
- Clean the kitchen and equipment.
- Work with Superior and Director of Human Resources to ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive and assist in planning for future staffing needs.
- Assist in training needs analysis of Kitchen staff and ensure training programs are designed and implemented to meet needs.
- Provide input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions in line with company guidelines.
- Approve leave after considering hotel occupancy.
- Work with superior in the preparation and management of the department’s budget.
- Demonstrate Awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines and ensure your direct reports do the same.
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly.
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers.
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
The Capitol Kempinski Hotel Singapore
Sep 30, 2022