Spa Director – (in English)
To provide leadership, support, direction and supervision of the colleagues in the daily operations of the Spa, Hair and Nail Salon. The Director of Spa will manage all the operations and revenues including financial management duties, budgeting, forecasting, and payroll as well as product inventory and ordering.
Emerald Palace Kempinski Dubai
An impressive 100,000 square meters, the Emerald Palace Kempinski Dubai comprises 347 luxuriously appointed rooms, of which 36 are exquisitely spacious suites. Surrounded by pristinely landscaped tropical gardens are eight highly appointed royal villas with stunning views of the Palm Lagoon. The hotel’s wide variety of international restaurants, boutique mall and cinema provide ample dining and entertainment attractions. With its opening in 2018, the hotel’s classical design will complement the Kempinski Residences and Hotel Apartments Palm Jumeirah, which has been developed in the same architectural style and is located on the adjacent plot.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Maximize revenues and ensures high yield management.
- Ensure the application of proper marketing and sales tools and suggests the development of new marketing ideas.
- Participate in the development of the Spa menus and the retail products.
- Ensure a proper training of the colleagues is conducted, to exceed the guests’ expectations.
- Consolidate and review periodic inventories, forecasts, Profits and Loss statements and budgets of the Spa and Hair and Nail Salon.
- Establish policies and standards of the division and the hotel and ensures adherence.
- Monitor and ensure the compliance of services delivered to the established company and hotel standards and suggests any changes to improve operations.
- Continuously contribute to the improvement of the processes.
- Conduct periodic meetings with the head of functions and make necessary decisions.
- Give support and assist the people in charge to monitor and coordinate operational responsibilities.
- Carry out necessary audits in the division and daily inspections.
- Maintain updated knowledge about all hotel features and services, daily occupancy, availability, expected arrivals and departures, scheduled activities and events.
- Actively participate in the HR related matters of the Division, recruitment, appearance, appraisal, training and development, succession plans and disciplinary procedures.
- Drive and encourage a healthy work environment, focusing on employee’s satisfaction and productivity.
- Suggest and ensure the follow up of environment friendly processes.
- Anticipate guests needs and acknowledge and responds immediately to guests concerns.
- Posses full knowledge of emergency procedures and adhere to hotel requirements for internal or external guest accidents and emergencies.
- Responsible for the continuous development of any direct reports and/or teams (if applicable), through active support and participation in all Human Resources and Learning & Development related initiatives, including but not limited to recruitment, job chats, performance dialogues, learning initiatives, colleague reward and recognition programs.
- Assist in other areas of the hotel as and when required, carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Comply with the guidelines and policies established in the Colleague Handbook, Business Code of Conduct and Ethics policy, hotel’s regulations on fire, hygiene, health and safety.
- Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene as per the hotel’s grooming standards at all times.
- Maintain a good rapport and working relationship with colleagues in the department and all other departments.
- Attend and contribute to meetings, department and hotel trainings and other scheduled activities.
- Carry out your role in a safe and environmentally friendly way, protecting the health and safety of both colleagues and guests, as well as contributing to protecting the environment.
- Comply with the hotel’s Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety procedures at all times.
- Project at all times a positive attitude.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent Public Relations skills
- Knowledge of UAE legal requirements for as well as Spa Therapists.
- Excellent English language skills, Arabic language skills are desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of budgeting, forecasting, profit and loss statements
- Leadership skills
- Motivational skills
- Coaching skills
- Intercultural skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate perfectly with external and internal guests.
- PC proficient.
- Systems knowledge (Opera)
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realize their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
Emerald Palace Kempinski Dubai
Head of Department
Mar 13, 2019