Kempinski Summerland Hotel & Resort
Kempinski Summerland Hotel & Resort Beirut is the only 5-star luxury beach resort in Lebanon with its own private beach. Facilities include 153 of the newest and largest rooms and suites with gorgeous views, a labyrinth of pools with a sit in pool bar, water sports facilities, exquisite gardens, a cigar and single malt whiskey lounge, the largest outdoor glamorous venues in Beirut to host the city’s most prestigious events and the only hotel resort with day use beach bungalows with Jacuzzi and direct pool access & personal butler service in Beirut.
Spa Head Therapist
The Spa Head Therapist takes 100% responsibility to ensure the Spa Therapists effectively deliver and exceed the guests’ expectations in accordance with Resense’s spa vision, core values and all related brand standards, procedures and policies.
- Fully support Spa Manager & Assistant Spa Manager.
- Be very knowledgeable of all treatments, services and operations of the spa.
- Understand and implement all Resense Standard Operating Procedures & Policies.
- Understand and implement all Resense treatments and guest journey in accordance with the training.
- To set an example at all times of the highest standards of professionalism, attitude and appearance for the rest of the spa team.
To learn from Resense and provide training to the rest of the therapist team as required. This includes identifying training needs and agreeing with Spa Manager & Resense, what training is required and who will conduct it and ensuring you make this happen.
- With regard to treatments, you must possess the following and ensure the rest of the spa team is also:
- Knowledgeable of the process, benefit and outcome of all Resense practiced techniques and treatments.
- A good working knowledge in related treatment products and the ability to be flexible with regards to guest requests.
- Confident working with and fully understanding the health assessment, able to operate with discretion to ensure that any necessary precautions are taken.
- Always confirm the scheduled treatment with the guest before starting the treatment.
- Ensure all treatment and preparation areas are set up to standard and any discrepancies have been resolved immediately. Treatment room setup should be in order before welcoming any guest to the same or handing over area to your colleague.
- Products must be in place and refilled as per standards and act on any discrepancies, checking why this occurred.
- To ensure that the facility is adequately manned at all times. Assist the Spa Manager & Assistant Spa Manager in coordinating the day to day running of the treatment area.
- Ensure that all staff handover is completed in the guest journey as per the outlined standard, follow up on treatment experience, expectations and satisfaction and act on any discrepancies.
- Do demonstrations and presentations as required.
- To ensure that a high standard of cleanliness is maintained throughout the facility at all times.
- To ensure that the Health and Safety Policy is adhered to.
- To inform the Spa Manager of any complaints regarding the spa’s facility, recommending amendments if necessary.
- Responsible for opening/closing procedures when on duty.
- To attend management meetings as required.
- To deal with problems, enquiries and complaints from Spa clientele.
- Cover reception as and when necessary.
- To perform Duty Manager duties as required.
- Assist the Spa Manager in ensuring the budget requirements and retail sales are adhered to, the emphasis being on profitability.
Liaise with the Head Concierge to ensure reconciliation of funds at the close of each shift, and that any discrepancy has been fully investigated and the findings logged in the appropriate place and the Spa Manager informed.
- To be responsible for the administration of goods, requisition, inventories, and cost effective usage of all department related materials and assets.
- Ensure a par stock appropriate to the business demands.
Recruitment and Training:
- To assist the Spa Manager in the recruitment, training, discipline and development and appraisal of all therapists and spa attendants if required.
- To attend a monthly meeting with all spa staff to motivate and be aware of staff needs and aspirations.
Responsible for overseeing and maintaining the high standard of treatment and service within the treatment area.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Impeccable grooming and articulation.
- Accomplished and proven therapist.
- Warm, friendly & confident personality.
- Genuine interest in holistic treatment.
- Caring & Nurturing.
- Team player.
- Five (5) years spa therapy and (1) supervisory experience within a spa
- Internationally recognised massage certificate.
- Internationally recognised beauty therapy certificate.
- Experience with advanced cosmetology. (an advantage)
- Aromatherapy certificate.
- First aid and CPR certificate. (an advantage)
- Knowledge of natural therapies.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage.
We are dedicated to please and educated to entertain. We never compromise on the European elegance of service and this, blended with our cultural empathy, allows us to deliver incredible experiences in truly original destinations. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Kempinski Summerland Hotel & Resort Beirut
Dec 08, 2020