Spa Therapist – European, South African Nationals – (in English)
Kempinski Al Othman Hotel
The spectacular new five-star Kempinski Al Othman Hotel Al Khobar offers sweeping views over the Al Khobar skyline. A wide range of rooms and suites are available, as well as 18 stunning, designer-styled apartments that combine the ultimate in elegance, space and comfort with all the services and amenities of a five-star hotel.
Responsible for delivering the most professional, consistent and beneficial Spa treatments for the guest as per the established Spa treatment menu and to educate guests about home care and contribute to the extension of the guest’s experience in the spa by performing product retail sales.
The Spa Therapist assists the Spa Management in maintaining the highest standards of professionalism in all aspects of the operation, maintaining the Spa standards of service and cleanliness at all times.
- Meet with Spa Manager/Supervisor prior to commencing each shift to review business status, daily targets.
- Productivity and revenue awareness. Focused dedicated attitude towards achieving overall revenue targets.
- Strive to achieve daily target through Spa services and retail sales.
- Ensure all treatment rooms are fully set up before beginning a treatment according to standards and procedures.
- Welcomes and escorts guests to and from treatments.
- Performs professional spa services according to standards with attention to detail and in a prompt and timely manner.
- Conduct consultations to evaluate guest’s needs, understand any medical issues or concerns that may have an impact on the selected treatment.
- Orientate guests on their chosen Spa treatment and provide any clarification/reassurance required.
- Ascertain guest comfort at the start and throughout the treatment to ensure the guest is happy with the pressure being applied, temperature of the room etc.
- Maintain room and store room cleanliness throughout the shift.
- Demonstrate full knowledge of all professional and retail product lines.
- Accommodate all guest requests expediently and courteously.
- Handle guest complaints by following the instant guest pacification procedures and insuring guest satisfaction.
- Collect stock and supplies in accordance with minimum stock levels.
- Maintain accurate written records of treatments and products used in view of repeat guests.
- Participates in ongoing training, with assistance from designated trainer to continue to study the skill.
- Ensures all potential and actual hazards are minimized.
- Fully understands the Spa’s fire, emergency and security procedures.
- Ensure that the Spa’s health and safety policies, relevant laws and regulations are practiced and enforced.
- Ensure that the Spa team works in a safe manner that does not harm or injure self or others.
- Stimulates and encourages a general awareness of health and safety in tasks and activities.
- Anticipates possible and probable hazards and conditions, corrects them or enforces action to prevent them from happening.
- Ensures that high standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, appearance, body language and conduct as per grooming standards SOP.
- Attends meetings and trainings when required.
- Contributes to guest satisfaction by attending requests and enquiries courteously and efficiently.
- Accepts flexible work schedules when necessary to provide uninterrupted service to guests and stakeholders.
- Maintains working environment, materials and company property in an organized, clean and orderly manner.
- Continuously seeks to improve the department’s efficient operation and knowledge of own job function.
- s well updated, and possesses solid knowledge on all relevant policies and procedures related to the Spa function.
In addition to the specified responsibilities, the position will willingly undertake any other additional assignments/responsibilities as assigned by the management.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum one year of experience in the same position
- Ability to work and communicate to multinational environment
- Local language excellent oral and written
- English good oral and written
- Must be European or South African national
The Kempinski name is proudly borne by a growing collection of distinguished properties around the world. As Europe’s oldest luxury hotel group, we are committed to providing our guests with memorable journeys inspired by exquisite European flair. We believe life should be lived with style.
Each year, an increasing number of guests come to appreciate these qualities, as Kempinski adds new, exciting destinations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and The Americas. While this growth reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand, the collection will remain a limited one, where exclusivity can be nurtured and individuality can flourish.
Kempinski Al Othman Hotel Al Khobar
Jan 07, 2021