Located on the famous Baie Lazare, in the exclusive south-end of Mahé Island, Kempinski Seychelles Resort Baie Lazare offers guests round-the-clock expertise, dedication and unmatched Creole hospitality in dazzling surroundings of untouched, natural beauty. This beachfront paradise, nestled in a secluded bay at the foothills of a magnificent mountain range, offers a private haven for romantics at heart, an activity-packed family getaway or the perfect destination for corporate gatherings and events
The job of Training Manager is executed satisfactorily when:
At Kempinski, Talent Development is a management responsibility and consequently an integral and important part of our Managers’ daily activities. The Training Manager fulfils their role as a Talent Development Ambassador when:
- They actively support and implement Talent Development initiatives as a part of their daily activities.
- They identify Training talents in their department and throughout the hotel as per below definition* and actively support their career development.
- They support and initiate transfer, cross exposure and task force assignments for their team.
- They personally conduct performance appraisal with their team on a regular basis and take personal interest for their talents’ development plans.
- They recruit and select potential talent according to current and future department, hotel and Kempinski’s needs including conducting interviews for positions in their department.
*A Hotel Talent is an employee, who has the ability to do the current job in their hotel and can be promoted to the next level. Mobility is what makes this person a Kempinski Talent.
- Establish a training network according to Kempinski standard, including spending time in operations to foster this network.
- Analyse training needs and training effectiveness.
- Ensure that every department having corporately developed Training BITES have fully implemented these, and ensured they reflect all hotel specific policies and procedures
- Further develop the Training BITE Library by assisting individual Departmental Trainers in the writing and implementing hotel specific training BITES
- Embed all Kempinski training programs and training tools and comprehensively track their implementation to easily evaluate attendance of required participants.
- Plan, design and deliver training programmes.
- Devise a training marketing strategy, which is evident both at the back of house and reflected in campaigns or initiatives to address training topics/themes accordingly.
- Analyse the data on the e-learning platforms and utilize or market it to Management and Department Trainers to enhance learning performance.
- Coach and train managers and Departmental Trainers to improve departmental performance.
- Works with the General Manager to coordinate relevant learning for EXCOM and HODs as per their Individual Development Program.
- Organise and supervise Kempinski DNA and brand immersion activities.
- Continuously seek and support new approaches, practices and processes to improve the efficiency of the training services offered.
- Work together with department heads and analyse operational quality performance using the Kempinski Experience Assessment Tool (KEA) and ReviewPro; then based on the results provide remedial training solution.
- Train and develop Training team members.
- Complete Kempinski Experience Assessment (KEA) Checks as specified by the hotel management
- Identify potential training talent and propose & foster Master Trainer candidates.
- Ensure that the Kempinski Training Monthly report is correctly completed on a monthly basis and the results updated in the Regional Training Consolidation Report
- In absence of a Training Coordinator, ensure that the responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Lead by example and promote Kempinski’s core values.
- Prepare the yearly Business Plan and Budget for the Training Department in line with all company Brand Standards together with the Heads of Department and ExCom team.
- Ensure that an objective Self Audit (using the Kempinski Training Peer & Self Audit Tool) is completed at least once per year
- Promote and implement Kempinski Corporate Training policies and procedures.
- Establish and foster relationships and partnerships with external suppliers, training providers, and legal and safety entities.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the rules & regulations established in the employee handbook and to the hotel’s policies on fire, hygiene, health & safety.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
To fill the position, one of the following is required:
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in the hospitality industry including at least one managerial position
- One (1) year in a similar position within a luxury brand
- Two (2) years in an Assistant Training Manager position within a luxury brand
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- Local language – excellent oral and written skills (where applicable)
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Additional language – beneficial
- Planning and organizational skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service skills & Presentation skills
- Budgeting experience
- Computer literacy adapted to the field of training:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Advanced PowerPoint skills
- Ability to design training programmes/instructional design
- People Oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Lead by example
- Quality oriented
At Kempinski Hotels we pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. Dedicated to please, educated to entertain and never compromising on the European elegance of service, we are driven by our passion for crafting distinct and meaningful experiences. Each of our remarkable properties is a stage upon which our people perform their best and every day is an opportunity to apply their unique talents. We offer recognition for your skills, an environment that encourages personal growth, and respect and support from colleagues and leaders. Connected by our shared values, our passion for craftsmanship, and our care for one another, we are a
global community of hoteliers. Your stage awaits. Discover a career crafted by you.
Kempinski Seychelles Resort Baie Lazare
Nov 28, 2022