Training Manager – (in English)
Cabrits Resort & Spa Kempinski Dominica
Surrounded by Cabrits National Park, the unobtrusive design of this peaceful, hidden away five-star luxury resort in Dominica preserves the natural beauty and ecosystem of this stunning, unexplored volcanic island. The 151-room resort, with its breathtaking panoramic view of the Caribbean Sea, invites guests to indulge in luxury with amenities such as a full-service Kempinski The Spa, international cuisine at 4 restaurants and bars, and a state-of-the-art fitness facility. It also has two floodlit tennis courts, 4 sparkling swimming pools, and meeting space for executive retreats and intimate weddings. The resort is on the doorstep of the island’s matchless natural attractions and is committed to protecting the authenticity of this pristine eco-tourism paradise while offering an enriching guest experience that strikes a natural balance between land and sea.
The overall scope of a Hotel Training is to ensure that the hotel is using the “off-line” as well as “on-line” learning tools provided by Kempinski to ensure as a company we are developing and growing talent within the orgainisation thus securing the hotels ability to deliver exceptional guest service and drive the profitability of the hotel for the owner.
The Training Manager is responsible successfully on-board, skill and develop the hotel team through well designed and operationally viable blended learning solutions and ensure that every corporate training initiative has been successfully implemented and each hotel employee is to developed in both skills and competencies to deliver a consistent beautiful performance that creates a signature differentiation for our brand in the luxury hotel segment, and further positioning Kempinski as the employer of choice.
- Establish a training network according to Kempinski standard, including spending time in operations to foster this network.
- Analyse training needs and training effectiveness.
- Ensure that every department having corporately developed Training BITES have fully implemented these, and ensured they reflect all hotel specific policies and procedures
- Further develop the Training BITE Library by assisting individual Departmental Trainers in the writing and implementing hotel specific training BITES
- Embed all Kempinski training programs and training tools and comprehensively track their implementation to easily evaluate attendance of required participants.
- Plan, design and deliver training programmes.
- Devise a training marketing strategy, which is evident both at the back of house and reflected in campaigns or initiatives to address training topics/themes accordingly.
- Analyse the data on the e-learning platforms and utilize or market it to Management and Department Trainers to enhance learning performance.
- Coach and train managers and Departmental Trainers to improve departmental performance.
- Works with the General Manager to coordinate relevant learning for EXCOM and HODs as per their Individual Development Program.
- Organise and supervise Kempinski DNA and brand immersion activities.
- Continuously seek and support new approaches, practices and processes to improve the efficiency of the training services offered.
- Work together with department heads and analyse operational quality performance using the Kempinski Experience Assessment Tool (KEA) and ReviewPro; then based on the results provide remedial training solution.
- Train and develop Training team members.
- Complete Kempinski Experience Assessment (KEA) Checks as specified by the hotel management
- Identify potential training talent and propose & foster Master Trainer candidates.
- Ensure that the Kempinski Training Monthly report is correctly completed on a monthly basis and the results updated in the Regional Training Consolidation Report
- In absence of a Training Coordinator, ensure that the responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Lead by example and promote Kempinski’s core values.
- Prepare the yearly Business Plan and Budget for the Training Department in line with all company Brand Standards together with the Heads of Department and ExCom team.
- Ensure that an objective Self Audit (using the Kempinski Training Peer & Self Audit Tool) is completed at least once per year
- Promote and implement Kempinski Corporate Training policies and procedures.
- Establish and foster relationships and partnerships with external suppliers, training providers, and legal and safety entities.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the rules & regulations established in the employee handbook and to the hotel’s policies on fire, hygiene, health & safety.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Eligible for a working permit in the country of hire
- Willingness to relocate to Portsmouth, Dominica
- University Degree preferably in Administration or Hotel Management.
- 5+ years of experience in a five-star or luxury hotel or the hospitality industry including at least one managerial position.
- Excellent oral and written English. Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment. . Excellent writing, listening, and verbal skills.
- Planning and organizational skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service skills & Presentation skills
- Budgeting experience
- Strategic Thinking and Innovation
- Change Management
- Kempinski Brand Identification
Computer literacy adapted to the field of training:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Advanced PowerPoint skills
- Ability to design training programs/instructional design
To fill this position the candidate must identify with the Kempinski core values, in addition, they should be especially:
- People Oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Lead by example
- Quality oriented
At Kempinski Hotels we pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. Dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and never compromising on the European elegance of service, we are driven by our passion for crafting distinct and meaningful experiences. Each of our remarkable properties is a stage upon which our people perform their best and every day is an opportunity to apply their unique talents. We offer recognition for your skills, an environment that encourages personal growth, and respect and support from colleagues and leaders. Connected by our shared values, our passion for craftsmanship, and our care for one another, we are a global community of hoteliers. Your stage awaits.
Discover a career crafted by you.
Cabrits Resort & Spa Kempinski Dominica
Nov 16, 2022