Waiter – (in English)
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa, a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country
The overall scope of the job includes serving food and beverages to guests in the assigned outlet, providing a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service consistent with the standards of the hotel and in line with Kempinski’s DNA values in order to encourage sales and maximize guest satisfaction.
- Responsible to Head Waiter / Waitress, Supervisor, Assistant Manager, Outlet Manager.
- Report to duty punctually wearing the correct uniform, clean and well pressed including appropriate shoes (polished) and nametag at all times according to the hotels dress code & Kempinski grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- A courteous, professional and efficient service is provided at all times.
- All duties and tasks are performed as per the tasks required at the outlet.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage items offered by the department assigned.
- Have the knowledge and understanding to explain and perform upselling all items offered by the department assigned as well as offering alternatives.
- Monitor operating supplies, equipment and reduce spoilage and wastage successfully.
- Ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times.
- Successfully perform opening and closing procedures established for the assigned outlet
- Handle guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints and feedback to supervisors.
- Report guest complaints immediately to the supervisors and ensuring follow up is performed with the guest.
- Be knowledgeable to operate the existing POS system based on the trained responsibility level as assigned in the department.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the rules & regulations established in the hotel’s policy manual and the hotel’s policy on fire, hygiene, health & safety.
- Maintain a good rapport and work relation with staff in the assigned department and within the hotel.
- Attend and contribute to all staff meetings, departmental trainings and hotel initiated trainings scheduled.
- Undertake reasonable tasks and secondary duties as assigned by the Department Head.
- Respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the hotel management.
- Assist in carrying out scheduled inventories of products and operating equipment.
- Perform any other assigned reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Project at all times a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self-control.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills and Qualification
- SHS Certificate or Vocational certificate or its equivalent
- Minimum 2 years experience in an F&B service role.
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Additional language – beneficial.
- Ability to work as part of a team, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times.
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Computer literacy adapted to the field of training:
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word is beneficial.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City Accra Ghana
Jul 14, 2022