Western Restaurant Manager – (in English)
- To ensure that the outlet is managed efficiently according to the established business, budget and marketing plan as set by Kempinski.
- To have a thorough understanding and knowledge of all food and beverage items in the menu and the ability to recommend Food & Beverage combinations and up sell alternatives.
- To ensure that the outlet cashiering procedures are strictly adhered to and that the Point of Sale system is updated and operated correctly.
- To establish and strictly adhere to the par stocks for all operating equipment, supplies, inventory, and to ensure that the outlet is adequately equipped.
- To conduct monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies.
- To control the requisitioning, storage and careful use of all Operating Equipment and Supplies (OS&E).
- To ensure that restaurant premises, Furniture Fixtures and Equipment (FF&E), silver, glass, porcelain etc. is clean and in good working order.
- To ensure reservation requests are carried out accurately.
- To conduct daily pre-shift briefings with employees on daily specials, VIP guests, events and entertainment as well as expected budget figures.
- To handle guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints or problems to the Assistant F&B Manager if no immediate solution can be found and assure follow up with guests.
- To participate in the formulation of the Annual Operating Budget in determining outlet projected revenues and expenses, operating equipment and FF&E requirements in line with the compilation of the Annual Business Plan.
- To ensure that the monthly forecasted Food & Beverage revenue figures are achieved.
- To strictly adhere to the established operating expenses and ensure that all costs are controlled.
- To ensure an effective payroll control through a flexible work force. Maximize utilization of employees and maintain close cooperation with other Food & Beverage outlets.
- To obtain and account for the correct settlement of all sales and be overall responsible for the cashier and their maintenance.
- To handle voiding, correcting, changing of restaurant checks in accordance with the prescribed procedures and account for all checks used during each shift.
- To ensure that prices and portions are offered in accordance to food and beverage profit objectives.
- To increase the sales/profits by assisting in the implementation of a sales & marketing plan using strategies such as in-house and up-selling activities, promotions, events etc.
- To be visible on the floor during time of operations.
- To work pro-actively to minimize complaints from guests.
- To carry out quarterly, bi-yearly, yearly inventory of operating equipment as well as conducting monthly par stock checks.
- To maintain the outlet communication board.
- To maintain the Daily Log Book.
- To submit all guest / staff incident reports.
- To report “Lost & Found” items, and handle them in accordance to the Policy & Procedures.
- To attend weekly Food & Beverage Meetings and conduct Daily Pre-shift Meetings.
- To provide the Purchasing Department on time with detailed Product and Purchase Specifications for items needed in the outlet.
- To submit to Food & Beverage Office the following: Monthly Outlet Report, Holiday Review, Monthly Objective Review, Trainer’s Report and Entertainment Event Report.
- To attend and contribute to all hotel and departmental staff meetings and trainings.
- To have a complete understanding of the Income Audit Section in the Operations Manual and Policies & Procedures.
- To stay abreast of applicable liquor laws, hotel rules and restaurant limitations.
- Conduct outside sales calls in co-ordination with the Food and Beverage Manager and Director of Sales.
- Maximize employee productivity and morale within the department and consistently maintain discipline within hotel guidelines and local regulations.
- Schedule employees in line with varying business levels in order to maximize productivity and minimize payroll costs.
- To select and recruit suitable employees for the department using prescribed set of policies and procedures.
- Have a full working knowledge and ability to supervise, train, correct and demonstrate all duties and tasks, in assigned place of work, accordingly to the standards as set.
- Train employees ensuring that they have the necessary skills to perform their duties with the maximum levels of productivity and efficiency.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in regards to the hotel policy on Fire, Hygiene, and Health & Safety.
- To ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported and rectified immediately.
- To have complete understanding of the Hotel’s Employee Handbook and adhere to the regulations contained within.
- Performs any other duties as assigned to him/her by management.
High School Graduate or equivalent. Hotel Management Diploma/Degree an asset.
Fluent at oral and writing English
3-5 years experience in a 5 star hotel in similar position
Problem solving & Decision Making
Concern for quality
Cross cultural sensitivity
Customer service orientation
Enthusiastic and pleasant personality
Able to exert fast-paced mobility for period of up to 4 hours in length.
Knowledge of cashier operations
To be able to work with Micros and the Table Management System.
Knowledge of hotel products and services
Kempinski Hotel Suzhou China
Apr 14, 2020