Western Restaurant Supervisor – (in English)
- To ensure that guests receives quality service by providing clear and understandable work direction for wait staff.
- To supervise effectiveness of workflow and sequence of service during service periods and provides constant hands-on support.
- To supervise closely and monitors the cashiering function of the outlet to ensure compliance with Kempinski Cashiering Procedures.
- To monitor customer satisfaction and respond to customer feedback and complaints ensuring Kempinski procedures for CSI and Complaints Handling are followed.
- To inform Assistant Restaurant Manager/Restaurant Manager of any complaints, negative feedback from guest and concerns about colleague satisfaction or colleague performance.
- To actively use the database of customer details/history to assist in guest recognition.
- To advice the Assistant Restaurant Manager/Restaurant Manager of any improvements needed in relation to restaurants operation including updates to SOPs or addition/deletion of SOPs.
- To conduct performance evaluation of colleagues, training of colleagues, guidance, coaching and counseling of colleagues.
- To support the Assistant Restaurant Manager/Restaurant Manager to provide constant coaching and counseling to colleagues to ensure their capability to meet the needs of the customer and the organization.
- To assist in controlling department forms and records according to the Kempinski standards for document control, including (but not limited to): Attendance data for colleagues and colleague records.
- To maintain a thorough working knowledge of F&B SOP’s and ensure these are upheld at all times through constant observation and coaching.
- To assist the Assistant Restaurant Manager/Restaurant Manager in the implementation of the marketing activities and to achieve desired results.
- To conduct the pre-service shift briefing in the absence of the Assistant Restaurant Manager/Restaurant Manager.
- To ensure opening and closing checklist are completed on a daily basis.
- To supervise and monitor the completion of weekly cleaning schedules.
- To conduct regular briefings and training sessions to ensure all colleagues receive the information necessary to perform their job.
- To assist the Assistant Restaurant Manager/Restaurant Manager to develop and update F&B knowledge of all colleagues on a regular basis.
- To maintain a working knowledge of relevant sections within the Kempinski Food Hygiene SOP and assist the Assistant Restaurant Manager/Restaurant Manager ensure the outlet meets these standards at all times.
- To maintain awareness of outlet(s) financial performance.
- To utilize up-selling and suggestive selling techniques to enhance the outlet’s financial performance.
- To make recommendations to the Assistant Restaurant Manager/Restaurant Manager for price and menu changes that will enhance profitability.
- To supervise and monitor breakage of chinaware and glassware and the implementation of strategies to reduce where possible.
- To carry out any other tasks defined by the F&B or Senior Management.
- To undertake assigned additional duties where required. These should be completed prior to the opening or after the closing of the outlet.
- To ensure all colleagues attend scheduled training programs.
- To communicate new or amended procedures to relevant department/colleagues in a timely manner, ensuring they have been understood when instructed by Management.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve overall objectives of this position.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health & Safety.
- To ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported and rectified immediately.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Hotel’s Employee rules & regulations.
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag at all times.
- Performs any other duties as assigned to him/her by management.
- High School Graduate or equivalent, preferably with a specialization in Hotel/Restaurant.
- Fluent at oral and writing English
- 3 years experience as a Supervisor in a five star hotel
- Conflict Management
- Entrepreneurial Orientation
- Stress Management
- Motivating Others
- Interpersonal Skills
- Flexibility in the scheduling
- Customer service orientation
- Cross cultural sensitivity
- Teamwork / co-operation
- Enthusiastic and pleasant personality
- Able to exert fast-paced mobility for period of up to 4 hours in length.
Kempinski Hotel Suzhou China
Apr 14, 2020